Pages

8.18.2011

Iowa is Still #1, Bitches!

The yearly Poets and Writers MFA rankings are up! And of course all you need to know is Iowa is still number one. You could see the rankings for full residencies here and low residencies here. UMCP, where I got my BA, isn't on the list anymore. And I blame a certain MFA student who never answered my emails and clearly thought lowly of her students (I'm just saying!).

She was one (of many) reasons I never chose an MFA program. Students are too pretentious. So I stuck to just plain ol' reading and writing. Also, I got this book free the other day (not sure how long it'll stay, but take advantage of it if you can).

Yet it's all about time. I need time! The MFA gives you that, and that is why I'm seriously (serious this time) thinking about it.

So I'll apply to some on a whim this year along with some residencies. The residencies are quite nerve wrecking, everyone has MFAs (I am working on a portfolio and nearly puke every time I look at my work). But hey, they said they were looking for writers in the beginning of their careers, and I'm just starting.

Also, apparently MFA programs don't have to be so bad.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your urls with BCVC and get money for every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete