1. Greg Mortenson is under attack for pulling a James Frey:
2. Will Farrell is staring in a Raymond Carver inspired film. Everything Must Go is based on "Why Don't You Dance?" Farrell wrote an introduction to Carver's story in the latest Zoetrope: All-Story. Buy, read it, and you can tell Farrell has never heard of Carver let alone read him.
3. Natalia Kills is nearly my new pop favorite artist, or at least a replacement for Lady Gaga, who has become too Christian. In Kills's latest song, part of the soundtrack for Red Riding Hood, Kills invokes Alice in Wonderland.
4. Does anyone know how to embed something from Tumblr? Anyway, go here (via Rob Wolfsham): http://www.wolfshammy.com/post/4712152816/troxum-working-on-a-new-album
5. And now for something completely irrelevant...
50 Shades of Grey Activism Alice Walker Amazon Anne Rice Art Action Fund Arts Awards Barack Obama Bear Bones Books Bookselling Bookstores Britney Spears Call For Submissions Christine Ha Christopher Rice Claire Siemaszkiewicz Clandestine Classics Commentary Community Cover Art Dalkey Archive Press Election 2012 Eric Nguyen Erotica Events Gay Hieu Minh Nguyen Interview Israel It Books Jacqueline Susann John O'Brien Lambda Literary Lammys Lethe Press Loosely Literary Songs Louisiana Marina and the Diamonds MasterChef McNeese State University Merle Miller MFA Mitt Romney Nancy Pearl National Endowment for the Arts New Book Alert News Obsessions Ocean Vuong Other People's Articles Paul Legault Penguin Classics Poetry Politics Projects Publishing Queer Race Reading Reviews Saeed Jones Sibling Rivalry Press SSM2011 Steve Berman Sunday Poetry Total-E-Bound Travelogue Twilight Videos WILFs Word Up Books World News Writing