Pages

9.22.2010

Late Night Obsessions: Wordle!

It is about 1am. I was trying to write, but it's not flowing. Sometimes, I wish you could read the stories that are in my head, because in my head, they are perfectly fine. They're all O Henry winners. But on the screen, on paper, the words don't flow. So, I distract myself to avoid writing. My latest obsession: wordle word clouds.

Pick anything--a blog post, a news article, stories, poems--paste it in, and Wordle will graph it all for you. Words are pretty!

Here are some of my Wordle creations; that way, you don't actually have to read these works, just mention the bigger words more and people will think you've spent four years of your life studying it! ;)

1) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

2. The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe



3. Hills Like White Elephants by Ernest Hemingway



4. The Cemetery Where Al Johnson's Buried by Amy Hempel


5. Cathedral by Raymond Carver


Bonus! And look at the lyric genius that is Lady Gaga:

No comments:

Post a Comment