Pages

12.12.2009

Antonya Nelson Stole My Title!

My first completed story, entitled "I.S.O." is trying to find a home right now. I already sent it out to American Short Fiction. I'm waiting until March or April, when they said they'll contact me back with some answer. It is the story I have been working on for the last three months. About 3000 words. The first line is "I look up ugly people online." I don't think it's wonderful. But I'm just tired of looking at it. I think all writers get tired of looking at their own work at one point or another. My threshold is three months. It was three months of hard labor.

Today Narrative Magazine sent me an email. They said they had new stories up. One by Amy Bloom. Another by Viet Thanh Nguyen (he has my last name, but that's okay). And then there's Miss Antonya Nelson.

FML.

1 comment: